Micro-needling: The Newest, Most sought after Skin Rejuvenating Therapy
The Micropen is a medical grade, state-of-the-art Micro-needling Pen designed to reverse years of skin wrinkling, sun damage, hyper-pigmentation, acne scarring, stretch marks, and thinning skin and thinnning scalp hair. The Micropen’s 12 enclosed medical grade micro needles create hundreds of tiny micro-channels through the epidermis into the deeper dermis. This controlled micro-needling triggers the natural process of collagen and elastin regeneration and repair without scaring and results in improved skin resiliency, strength, thickness, hydration and smoothness, producing healthier, more youthful looking skin. Micro-needling activates the body’s ability to remodel and regenerate itself with amazing benefits and no downtime.
The Causes of Aging Skin and Connective Tissue
As we age, radiation from the sun, environmental chemicals and declining production of Growth Hormone leading to a decline in Collagen and Elastin production, leads to oxidative damage to the skin and inability to repair fast enough to keep up with the damage. Rapid changes begin to occur in our 30’s. The skin takes twice as long to regenerate as it did in our 20’s, which leads to a dull complexion, uneven skin tone and fine lines and wrinkles. In our 40’s, Collagen and elastin production declines and degradation speeds up, leading to the first appearance of deeper wrinkles and loss of elasticity, suppleness and resiliency. In our 50’s and beyond, environmental damage continues to mount, while declining Growth Hormone and Estrogen lead to thinning of the skin and the subcutaneous tissue. The skin becomes more susceptible to photo aging and the appearance of age spots, sagging and wrinkled skin.
Signs of Skin Aging Reversed by Micro-needling
- Lax Skin / Loss of Resiliency
- Hyperpigmentation / Age Spots
- Thin skin
- Premature Aging / Glycation
- Acne Scars
- Stretch Marks
- Hair Loss
Micro-needling Before and After Photos
Benefits of Micro-needling
- Normalizatoin of cell-to-cell communication
- Faster Tissue Repair and Regeneration
- Restoration of Healthy Keratin and Melanocyte function
- Optimizes Normal Pigment / Skin Coloration
- Increases Epidermal and Dermal Growth Factors
- Stimulation of Healthy New Collagen & Elastin
- Enhances Delivery of Cellular Nutrients
- Faster healing of inflammation and oxidation
- Remodels scarring and stretch marks with healthy Collagen & Elastin
- Stimulation of Circulation & Growth Factors required for Hair Growth
Advanced Micro-needling Pens
The Micro-needling Pen’s Advanced Medical Features Include:
- Patented high speed motor with accurate speed and power control to assure correct depth of penetration.
- The variable depth (.25mm to 2.0mm) and speed of Microen provides significant versatility to remodel the skin in many areas of the body, including the face, neck, declotet, arms, hands, legs, abdomen, back and even the scalp. The procedure takes 30-45 minutes for a typical treatment of the face and requires no downtime.
- Patented single use, sterile Micropen cartilage technology prevents cross-contamination, which allows you to receive a Micro-needling treatment confident that no fluids, serums and blood generated during a previous procedure remain in the device.
- Automated, vertically vibrating, stamp-like needle cartridge prevent scratching the epidermis.
- 12 sterile, 32-gauge needles made of medical grade stainless steel minimize epidermal damage and maximize results.
- The Microen is safer and more precise in piercing the skin than other Micro-needling Pens or Rollers.
- Precise micro-channels created by the 12 Microen Micro-needles deliver therapeutic serums directly to the deeper layers of the skin where they can stimulate collagen and elastin that can only be made there.
- Micropen’s small round stamp-like shape and size can effectively treat hard-to-reach places (e.g. around the eyes, nose, and lips).
- Because of the accurate 90 degree delivery, the 12 precisely placed needles can easily penetrate the epidermis to promote scar-less healing and natural collagen production, similar to fractional laser treatments, but without the side effects and downtime.
- The mechanism of injury is a natural process, which makes Micropen a holistic approach to skin therapy.
How Micro-needling Works
Four major phases of natural dermal and epidermal wound healing results in the enhanced stimulation of new healthy skin.
Phase One (Days 1-3) | Inflammation: Activated by piercing the dermal tissue, platelets release cytokines and growth factors which act as signals for the body’s immune system. White blood cells (Neutrophils and Macrophages) are sent in to disinfect the wounds, clear the debris, increase the blood supply (a process called angiogenesis), and begin the creation of fresh, new skin (1-3 days).
Phase Two (Days 3-5) | Proliferation: In this phase, the fibroblasts (cells that make up much of the dermis and create the extracellular matrix) keratinocytes and epidermal cells continue to divide to populate the areas of damage and secrete growth factors and extracellular matrix, such as elastin and collagen will be laid down and deposited with new tissue formation. Phase
Three (Days 6-30) | Remodeling: During this phase, Collagen and Elastin producing Fibroblasts proliferate in the puncture wounds formed by the micro-needles and migrate, with the help of Growth Factors and Fibronectin. The collagen in the newly formed tissue is now replaced with even stronger collagen and the dermis contracts to create a youthful firm, but supple texture to the skin.
Phase Four (Months 2-12) | Maturation: Finally, the maturation stage of new healthy skin takes place from day 28 to two years after treatment. Collagen matures and creates an organized cross-linking meshwork that is oriented along the lines of contour stress to provide optimal support, strength and supple resiliency to the skin.
Micro-needling: Is it Right For You?
Amazing results, nearly painless, fast, minimal down-time and long-lasting way to get rid of your wrinkles. Also known as Collagen Induction Therapy (CIT), Micro-needling dramatically increases the amount of healthy collagen or elastin in the skin. The micro-channels created by the Micro-needling allow for infusion of plasma and serum Growth Factors to rejuvenate the skin for long lasting functional changes that reduce fine lines and deep wrinkles, hyper pigmentation, age spots, acne scars, stretch marks and leads to improved volume, strength, resiliency, smoother texture and a brighter complexion to create healthier more youthful looking skin.
For More Information or a FREE Consultation to learn what Micro-needling Therapy can do for you, please call us today at 480-991-5092. Dr. Hansen and his wife, Sheila, who is a Licensed Aesthetician, will be happy to discuss your individual skin conditions and goals.